Monday, December 21, 2009

Deck The Halls

I love to show off my collections and enjoy looking at them myself all month long. Jeremy got the Orchid for me. The house is all decked out for the season and we are enjoying the festive feeling it brings into our home.




I have this as my screen saver for this month. I love, love, love my little chubbies. They are tabacco tins by Bristol Ware. There is a Santa, Mrs. Clause, Snowman and Caroler for christmas. I have a set of all four for each of my kids and myself. I have lots of Santa's...it was the first one I discovered and my collection started. There is also a cowboy, businessman, singer, chef, and baker. I have a few of all of them. They are one of my favorite things.









The little house is something I got of Phyllis'. In the frame is an antique card and the book is a poem by Robert Frost called "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" which seemed fitting for this winter scene.










I found this little old santa this year at a flea market in Eugene. I collect old postcards, flower frogs and round graters and I've used them all here in the kitchen.













I saw blocks like these one fall in Salt Lake at a store so I copied the idea and made my own.
















Many years ago this nativity set was on the cover of "The Friend" magazine. I cut out the figures and painted it all free hand. It turned out to be a really cute set and one of my favorites.






No comments:

Post a Comment