Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SPOOLS

I got lucky while in Syracuse. There was an antique show at the fair grounds. A fairly small one compared to EXPO standards. There was about 150 booths. I love spools. I have been collecting them for years. I have over 140 in my personal collection and I usually have them all on display. I rarely find one I don't already have. At the antique show I saw these. There were many more bundles all stacked together and I thought it looked like a pretty holiday display possibility. The sign said $1.50. I assumed that was $1.50 each which is a really good price for one spool but the vendor saw me looking at them and said it was the price for the bundle. SCORE! I got four bundles and was tempted at the end to go back for more but I had already packed and my carry on was getting full of other great treasures. I like it when I find a great buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment