Sunday, April 3, 2011

Business as Usual

Our season kicks off in a few weeks with the Something Special Craft and Antique Show. It is in May. We have other shows that pop up throughout the summer also. Sandra and I also want to start our own show out on the property. I plan on having an antique shop out there too. We are "Sister Shic". It is time to get busy working on new items and organizing old ones.
I decided to take advantage of all the empty space in this house and hauled about 25 totes, boxes and suitcases to Union to sort and repack. I've got a ways to go and a whole weekend to do it.
Here's how far I got at the end of the first day of sorting the totes. I am trying to organize it as I go to make it easier to set up for sales. I am also starting a yard sale pile.
I found these while on my trip to New York. I may just keep the leaf. It is a souvenir from Niagara Falls and I have been there a couple of times. It was a nice find in a little thrift store.
The green of the tote these are in is shining off all the pieces of silver I have been collecting for upcoming shows. You can do a lot to display silver and it always looks classy.
Here's a sample of some of the items I will have in the brown & cream category. I love the look of coordinating colors. Some of the shows I go to have the entire booth in these colors alone.

1 comment:

  1. I love your stuff! I have been collecting red/silver stuff want to trade?

    ReplyDelete