Wednesday, September 14, 2011

PENDLETON

My kind of town! I love Pendleton, OR. I may be partial having been born there. My parents all graduated from high school there. Many hours, days and years were spent at Grandpa Lee's house and just down the road at Grandpa and Nana Littig's house. Oh we had some big adventures as little kids playing at both places. Memories galore.
I also love Round-up time (this week). I usually try to take in part of the whole experience. The concert is always nice. Happy Canyon is good to revisit every few years. I haven't been to a parade for years. As kids we were in the parade all decked out in our pioneer finery. " Don't pick up the pennies, they are for the Indian children!" During the parade spectators would throw pennies in the road. It was hard passing them over. Every kid wants money.
I need to reconnect with my home town and be more involved next year. I won't even make it over the hill this time around.....moving day has finally arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment