Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pumpkin Seeds

Last summer we made our first attempt at growing a pumpkin patch.  It was a learning experience.  We need to get them in the ground earlier for one thing.  No trips to Disneyland to postpone the planting.  My goal is to get them in the ground at the end of May.  Once they started growing we had plenty in numbers.  They all didn't have time to turn completely orange though.  

I saved the seeds out of several pumpkins last fall.  I removed them and let them dry then put them away.  I haven't done this before so I don't know if there is anything special you have to do to get them to grow.  I decided to plant some now and see what happens so I don't find out later that a whole field of pumpkin seeds is not going to sprout.  The toilet paper tube in the center is an idea I saw on pinterest to create your own planting pots.  I will let you know how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment