Thursday, August 19, 2010

KYLES FORD NOT PIGEON FORGE

I'm here in Tennessee! Got in to the Tri City Airport at 9:00 Monday night. The three cities are Kingsport, Johnson City, and Bristol. I guess Bristol is a Nascar City and there are races this weekend. Like Gareld said "them hillbillies love their Nascar". I'm here for my good friend, Tonie's wedding. We have been doing errands and preparations all day every day. It has been rainy but today it is NONSTOP downpouring! The wedding is supposed to be outside by this beautiful pond on the property here. This may change the plans and we could end up in the firehall where the reception is going to be anyway. Other family flew out from Idaho and tonight there is a "family cooking" party planned. To translate, that means "moonshining"...hillbillies. I wish I could have gotten a picture of Cousin Larry last night. We were over having dinner at their house and talking about what everyone was wearing to the wedding. He said let me show you. He got a holster and belted it on, let his long graying hair fall on his shoulders, and put on a coon skin cap with the side flaps down and then grinned a scraggle toothed smile. It was great! He and his wife Brenda are the nicest people and they have a beautiful piece of land here. He owns 150 acres that stretches past the pond and up into the Appalachian Mountains. I will let you know how the rest of the visit goes and if we pull off this wedding without a hitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment