Tuesday, August 31, 2010

SISTERHOOD

This past Friday, Saturday and Sunday we had a Sisters on the Fly camp out near Sisters, OR. I pulled my little "Hen House" trailer. Morgan went along with me. My sister, Sandra, pulled her "Cowgirl Cottage" with her daughter, Alexa, along for the ride with her. Here we are set up in the campground. We are getting spoiled with the partial hook-ups. I love having electricity! We have lamps outside on the tables and of course on the inside so when we arrived and realized we needed an adaptor it was panic time. Luckily the office had an extra she let me use so I shared my power source with Sandra and we enjoyed the warm glow of 75 watt bulbs.
There were 22 sisters at camp. Some newbies attending for the first time. Some friends who attended our camp at Wallowa Lake last September and we got to know sisters who have been around for a long time. We sat around the campfire, made a trash can turkey, crafted, bought jewelry, toured the Wizard Falls Fish Hatchery, went on walks, checked out the head of the Metolius River as it pours out of a spring in the mountain, had a lesson in fly fishing, ate and ate and ate! It was a great three days. We had a fun night of gift exchanging and came home with some nice new bling for the trailers. It's all about the decorating.
I really enjoy being part of this group of exceptional women. Check out the website: http://www.sistersonthefly.com you may just want to join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment