Saturday, August 20, 2011

TRAILER TRASH

I 'm sure our fancy neighbor at the top of the hill thinks that every time he drives by. We have a total of five trailers and one cargo container sitting on the property and we are waiting for another. This is the newest one and while cleaning it today and trying to decorate it for our upcoming camping trip I wanted to vacuum it. Gareld pulled it down to the shop. While it was there I decided that since everything was out of it I should go ahead and paint it inside. I painted the back on Friday and now the inside looked dingy. So we dedicated our Saturday to working on trailers.

I have been wanting my trailer painted all year. I have a Sisters on the Fly camp out this coming weekend and I was really hoping for a chance to get it done. I even went to Crisp Colors the other day to ask how much it would cost just to shoot some auto paint on it. (No body work, just paint it) $500 bucks! Then all of a sudden this morning Gareld said we could paint it since we are at a standstill until the house shows up. Well not a total standstill because there are a million things we could be doing other than painting this old thing, but it was sweet to offer. So we are working on it. I will post "after" photos when done.



A lot of painting going on today.





We bought this travel trailer a few years ago thinking it could be an option for us to live in during construction. We never have lived in it. We rented it out for a three months to someone else waiting on a manufactured home installation. Jeremy and two friends lived in it up at Anthony Lakes for two seasons. Now Morgan is making it into a comfy little apartment.







We are still waiting for the most important "trailer" to arrive. We were told both halves would be sitting next to the foundation by tonight and they would come Tuesday and set them on the foundation. We left there at 9:00 tonight and this is how it looked. Ready and waiting!










1 comment: