Saturday, December 31, 2011

When it's raining...it's flooding.

Morgan's little message to me as she left for her long weekend in Utah. It started pouring down rain Tuesday night. Her roof leaks and it was filling up buckets fast. I went in to check on them and this is what I saw. We have attempted to remedy the problem. We already have a big blue tied over the whole roof. It flapped in the wind causing a new problem for her as she tries to sleep but it did not stop the water from pooling on the roof and leaking through. It continued to rain all day Wednesday so I bought a couple more tarps at Walmart. Gareld and I stopped at D&B to look at hay tarps. They are much bigger and supposedly thicker and keep water off better but the price had us heading home with the ones I bought. When we got to her trailer and were accessing the situation we quickly decided we needed the hay tarp. I headed back to town while Gareld created a pitched roof out of lumber. We got the humongous tarp up and over and tied down. The leaking has stopped but then so has the rain :) Today Gareld fixed a porch so the door could open with the tarp still providing cover. It is nice and cozy (and dry). I hope this works for the rest of the winter. It really is a nice little apartment otherwise. It is a 29' trailer. She has her comfy bed. There's a couch, lot's of book shelves for all her books, a table and chair to hold her sewing machine, a new fridge, a great heater, TV, new paint, new curtains and cute decorations. She's just a step from the bathroom and laundry room. The rent is free. Who wouldn't want a cute little pad like that? I don't think she would really want to stay in the house with us. I'm too strict about how I want my new house to look. I HATE clutter and she is the clutter queen. The bedrooms are small and she needs to spread out. Maybe you all think it mean of me but I want this to be "our" new house. Of course we will take care of her and help her out with a place to stay until she is on to the next adventure in her life. So for now Snoopy is high and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment