Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Decomp

Here's what I have been working on this week.
This is how the pump house looked when it was built.  It looks a bit like an outhouse.  I had plans for it.
The first thing I had to do was recruit some help to get it painted.  When the Ohio Pedro's came for a visit we had a family work night and many hands made light work.
I decided it was time to doll it up a little.  I sprayed the weeds a couple days ago and shoveled up the flower bed.
I hauled enough rocks to line the area I'm working on. It's nice to have rocks readily available.
I have this old pump that seemed fitting to be sitting next to the pump house.
I have a rooster to stand guard over the chicken feeder full of Hens and Chicks.  The deer already came and ate the blooms off the flowers.
I invested in a product claiming to repell the deer so we shall see.  I applied it as directed and have to repeat once a week for three weeks.  It had a strong odor that Gareld said smelled like a dead animal.  Decomp, yep that's what it smells like but if it works I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment