Sunday, January 31, 2010

PENDLETON

I love Pendleton! I took a drive over there yesterday. My first stop was the woolen mill. One day I want a Pendleton blanket. I have three favorites: Chief Joseph, Harding, and The Spirit of the Peoples. I just have to decide where it will hang in the new house before I settle on a color. I was born in Pendleton. I spent my first 8 years there, minus time at BYU and in Eugene while dad was in college. Both sets of Grandparents lived there. Grandpa Bert and Grandma Littig lived right across the street from school. Grandpa Lee lived a few blocks away. We spent alot of time with them. We lived with them at times. Grandpa Lee had the neatest old stone cottage with lots of out buildings to explore. He lived against the cliffs and we spent many hours playing on the rocks and running along the path that was covered with lots of trees. It made a good playhouse. The Littig house was different. It was a nice home with a big porch, a paved driveway, a garage for the Rambler, and lots of nice furniture.
We played in the Severe Saddle Shop, we marched in the round-up parade, we could see drive-in movies out our window, Grandpa Bert had a denture shop in a long narrow building, Grandpa Lee always had to go to the post office and carried his change in those squeezy coin purses. I have many good memories of Pendleton and I am drawn back there all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment