Tuesday, March 2, 2010

CRAFTING

Look what I made! I saw these santas in a magazine about 4 years ago just as decoration in a photo. I tore out the page as I do with lots of magazines to keep with my ideas for later. Then a couple years later I saw them again in an article about the artist and it had a reference to her book. I ordered the book. Christmas '09 I thought I would make them...I didn't. After christmas that year I started cutting out the pattern and it got a little hard for my january brain and I didn't want to try to figure it out. Another christmas came and went. I dug them out this january to give them another try but I put them off until I had my scrapbooking caught up. I finished scrapping year 2001 and was ready to get my "crafty on". I was working away and they were looking cute then I knocked the iron on the floor last saturday and it wouldn't heat after that. I had to get a new iron and I just finished the last one today. I realized I made a big mistake but I won't point it out. Now can I mass produce them for the christmas show? I'm going to try.

4 comments:

  1. I looked reallllllly hard and so no "big" mistake. They're cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only difference I can see is the added fluff to the beards...am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fluff hides the mistake. Instead of placing the mustache pieces "under the nose area" they look like dog ears. I had to do something to hide it. They are much cuter with the mustache palced where it really goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally I like the fluff! Good job improvising...they are really cute.

    ReplyDelete