Friday, February 26, 2010

YOU TELL ME...


Are they worth it? I have been eyeballing an ad in the paper about a "moving sale at the Follet Ranch". Sounded like it could be good. Maybe I would hit the jackpot and be the only lady crazy enough to drive to Durkee for the opening at 7:00 am. I've been working nights this week and I was going to be off at 5:30 in the morning so it was perfect. I headed to the freeway straight from work. I have never exited at Durkee before so the drive was nice. The signs directed me 5 miles into the country down a dirt road. As I drove up at exactly 7:00 there were already 15 other vehicles there, mostly pick-ups (after the ranch stuff I suppose). There wasn't anything left! Well to be honest it didn't look like there was that much to start with. Tools and tack in the shop but the garage had all the household items. At first glance I thought I was going to go away empty handed. Then I spotted these beauties. I picked them up and they have some heft to them so they weren't just cheap ceramics. I almost put them down and then I thought of Barn House, Bella Shabby, and other blogs I follow and they would grab them and put them on their blog in a heartbeat so that's what I did! They were only $3 each. So were they worth it? I got a nice early drive on a beautiful winter day and breakfast at McDonalds to boot. I'd say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment