Friday, April 16, 2010

COPY CAT

I am always on the lookout for a good idea. I found a couple on a recent trip to Portland. I have been crafting. I am getting ready for a couple of antique shows in May. Sister Shic will be at Aggies in Union on May 1 and we will be at the Something Special Spring Bazaar here in La Grande on May 8. I try to have things I've made at every show so it is not just all resale of my found treasures. I really look forward to setting up the booth. It is stressful and feels overwelming sometimes but we get so many great compliments on our booth it is fun to make it look different and interesting every show. Right now I am laying out a cowboy display to see how it will look in the booth. I love it! I am good! Fun, fun, fun!
Not much interpretation needed here mine look just like the ones I saw in the marketplace.

Here's my version. Funny thing when I did a web search for "love poems" you wouldn't believe what came up in the margins!


I had never been to the Monticello Antique Marketplace before this February. Morgan and I checked it out while Gareld was at the sportsman show. There are lots of extra cute booths. These clipboards really caught my eye. This was another thing I knew I could copy. I immediately started looking for clipboards at Deseret Industries Thrift Store and at Goodwill both on 82nd Ave. I had six of them in no time. I got my book of wallpaper free at a yardsale.



Here's the cute original that I saw in Portland two different times. Morgan took a picture with her phone on our trip there but I didn't have a copy of it so the next time I went I took a picture. I still liked it just a well the second time so I thought I would make some. I got my bedspread at an estate sale in Union for only $2.00.




No comments:

Post a Comment