Sunday, April 11, 2010

PUMPKIN PATCH

Here's my little garden out soaking up some sun. We are still getting below freezing this week in the overnight hours. They were outgrowing the window sill in the kitchen so had some repotting to do.



I want to have a pumpkin patch out on the property. I planted a bunch of seeds this year. I saved a nice "cinderella" pumpkin all winter and finally dug the seeds out of it. I planted them and waited and when nothing came up I planted one "white" pumpkin seed in the same pot....then they all sprouted so as I divided them today I don't know which is which. I also planted some "blue" ones and some decorative guords. I went to the PLFN tree cooler on friday and got some free tree plugs and some 2 year old trees for fifty cents each. I didn't even know this place existed. It is the Private Lands Forest Network and they were giving trees out in celebration of Arbor Day. Ya hoo! Now we've got to get them in the ground this summer and keep the deer and elk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment