Friday, May 28, 2010

We all scream for ice cream!

Ah...The Cove Drive In. Quite an institution. This spot has been an important part of my life for a very long time. Back when I lived in Cove as a fifth grader we went swimming at the Cove Pool all summer. We would take breaks and walk to get an ice cream cone or on the way home we would have one. We lived just down that road a mile or two. I had my first job there back in 8th or 9th grade (no child labor laws?). As I had my kids I took them swimming at the pool too and we also walked for ice cream and french fries. All the years we had our Something Special Cove Bazaar we would go there after everything was set up the night before and also after the sale the next day. Now on our many trips to the property we often swing through town to have a cone. If the dogs are along they get a doggie cone. We look forward to "special flavor" days but good old chocolate and vanilla twist is delicious too. Gary and I will be riding our bikes to Cove for ice cream some day but by then we may be on trikes!
What's the special flavor? That's always the question. They have some really good ones. We have had Banana, Grape, Strawberry, Cherry, Mocha, Rootbeer, Pina Colada, & Orange to name a few. I'm sure there are many more I can't think of right now. All yummy though.

1 comment:

  1. This place HAS been there forever. We'll have to stop by next time we are there. It seems like I took Gaylinn and the kids by last time we were there... But maybe it was the time before when we camped at your cabin. Anyway, fun memories.

    ReplyDelete