Monday, June 7, 2010

GIRLS WEEKEND FOLLOW-UP

I am sister #1362 in a group of over 1400 ladies who are fixing up vintage trailers and camping together in groups organized by anyone who has an idea for a campout. This one was in Spokane and the main attraction was the Farm Chicks Antique Show. It was lots of fun. Sandra joined the group last year and then hosted one last fall up at Wallowa Lake. I went to that one and had a good time. Morgan and Lexy also went along. Lexy now has her own trailer and we are on the lookout for a cute little trailer for Morgan. We are going to go to one in August. It's called Sisters in Sisters because it is being held in Sisters, OR. Sandra and I will host one on this side of the state next year. Anyone interested? It is a blast.
Destination: Beautiful Riverside State Park in Spokane, WA. So close to town but secluded.

My plain jane home away from home. Part of the fun is decorating the campsite too. The outside of the trailer is just as important as the inside.


This picture shows a little bit of the new cushions. I do like them I just wish I knew what I was doing when I measured them and I had no idea the cost of custom upholstery was so high. The humble beginnings of my vintage trailer. I have named it Hen House (Gareld's idea). I started simple but after seeing more and more sisters trailers I may have to up my game. This trailer had a rough beginning but a little paint made a huge difference after Gary patched up all the walls and floor.







This is a darling little trailer packed with treasures. On that red strip sisters sign their names. The Spokesman-Review had a good write up in the paper over the weekend about our group. Check it out on their website.





This is the inside of a very fully packed cowgirl trailer. The owner is #79 Pam. Her trailer is named Pamelot. Her sister is also a member and her trailer is Camelot. Pam has had a lot of time to bling out her trailer. You should see the bed side.






Here's a cute trailer parked next to me. This gives me ideas and something to aspire to.







2 comments:

  1. Wow mom your trailer looks really cute! It has come along way since that first trip we took :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are having fun. That is my idea of camping.

    ReplyDelete