Friday, July 23, 2010

BOND

Monica's mom and sister are planning a big shindig for the baby shower. Sorry I am going to miss it. I'm thinking about having a shower here for friends and family so I will let you know details later. Like it says, " it's a boy". They have chosen a name and are sharing it now. His name will be Wyatt Bond Smith. I had forgotten all the things you have to think about when naming a kid. Family names, initials, rhyming words, unique or traditional. Brandon didn't want anything that could be turned into teasing (although kids will find a way to pick on each other, unfortunately). They wanted a name that sounded good at every age. They knew they wanted to use Bond and I am glad they did. Here's why:
Brandon was named after my Grandpa Bert. His full name is Bert Bond Littig. He was named after his father who was Thomas Bond Littig and Thomas got the Bond name from his mother Sarah Jane Bond. I knew we wanted to use Bond as a middle name. My brother Cameron's middle name is Bond and I liked it. We just had to find a name that sounded good with Bond Smith. So there you have Brandon Bond Smith.

This is my grandpa holding me up to the mirror. I like the way we are both reflected. I was born in Pendleton, OR. Nana and Grandpa Littig lived there. We spent a lot of time in this house during my early childhood. I have special memories of that time.


1 comment:

  1. I love that name! Good job Brandon and Monica! And Steph, you should definitely hold a shower! That'd be fun!

    ReplyDelete