Friday, July 30, 2010

Maur Jeanne Littig

Today I went to Boise for a special occasion. I met my mom at the Boise Temple where she was getting sealed to her parents. Being sealed means you are with them for eternity as a family. Husbands and wives get sealed when they marry in the temple. They are together forever. We believe we will live after this life so of course we want to be with our family. For couples that aren't married in the temple they can choose to be sealed at a later date after they have prepared themselves and follow the standards of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. If the parents are sealed before any children are born then any children they have are automatically sealed to them. If not the work can be done later using proxy's (stand-ins). That's what mom was doing today. I was happy to witness it.

Here she is....Maur Jeanne Littig....her name she was given as an infant when Katherine Ellis and Bert Bond Littig adopted her. She is an only child (spoiled, of course). I was surprised that she hadn't been sealed to her parents before today. She has been doing genealogy work for quite a while now so I assumed it was done. It was a very nice time at the temple on a beautiful summer day. Mom recently bought a new white dress and I ordered on line and it got here this week. I only found out on Monday that she was going to go to the temple and I happened to have Friday off so I said "I can go and wear my new dress". We both happened to buy the same dress! Like mother, like daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment