Wednesday, September 22, 2010

AUTUMN BEGINS

Fall is my favorite season of the year. I have always liked it. I suppose it started as a kid when I was waiting for my birthday to arrive...it's in October. I always liked school, too. School clothes shopping was a big event in a family with nine kids. Trying on all the new clothes for just the right "first day" outfit was wonderful. I love the holidays and they start off in the fall. Harvest time is beautiful. All the colors of browns, oranges, reds, creams, deep purples, greens and yellows. I enjoy decorating the house for harvest/thanksgiving. It's really the longest season I get to decorate since it can go from September clear up to Thanksgiving Day before I get to change it to Christmas. I have started collecting vintage Halloween decorations. I go the Portland Antique Expo show every October for my birthday. It's always the last weekend of the month and the vendors have a lot of Halloween to choose from so I started looking. Warm days and cool nights are welcome after a long hot summer (although this year we had no summer).
Oh, and I love candles, hot chocolate, flannel pajama pants, dried gourds, and apple cider. The list goes on. Let's just say I am happy autumn has arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment