Sunday, September 5, 2010

MMMM&MMMM's

I fell off the wagon. I am addicted to m&m's and if I let myself, I can fall hard! I lost 17 lbs this summer getting ready to fit in the dress I wanted to for Tonie's wedding. I did it by a lot of hard work, counting calories, walking, going to the gym and cutting down to 1 small bag of m&m's each Saturday. It worked. The dress looked great. The shoes and the purple toenail polish finished off the outfit. I started vacation on August 16 when I drove to Boise to catch my flight to Tennessee on the 17th. I decided since I was on vacation I would treat myself. I had m&m's for the drive. I ate them in the hotel. I bought more at the airport for the flight. Tonie had special blue and purple ones made for the wedding so I had more than my fair share of those. I bought some more in Kingsport when we were shopping for the reception. I had them in my room so I could enjoy them late at night. I brought some of the wedding favor jars home in my luggage...they were full of m&m's. I bought more for the return flights. The bag above I got for my camping trip to Sisters. I had them in my purse for two days before I tore into them. I did share with Sandra and Lexy (Morgan maintained her willpower). Once I bought this big bag all bets were off. I soon found myself "extending" my vacation until after Labor Day since the week was shot anyway. I bought and ate a 19 oz bag all by myself. Then I got another yesterday to finish before I start my diet again on Monday...but wait, Monday is a holiday so I can't start until Tuesday. Enough time for another big bag. I'm sick I tell you! I bet I have had 5 lbs of m&m's in the last three weeks!! I will not be the "big" grandma. My nieces had two grandmas...Tiny Grandma and Big Grandma. I might be Oregon Grandma but I refuse to be Big Grandma so once I finish that last big family size bag of m&m's I will climb back on that wagon kicking and screaming!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! That is pretty out of control! But, hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peanut m & m's. I figure they are healthy...I have an m & m costume if you want to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete