Sunday, January 30, 2011

Button Wreaths

Here's the button wreath I saw in a magazine a few weeks ago. I got busy and made some this week. It has been fun crafting again. I'll store these until the winter show I do at Riveria. Step by step instructions follow if you want to give it a try.
First dig through the buttons and find six or seven to form a circle. Then look for smaller accent buttons and start laying it out until you have the combination you like best.

Glue them together and layer some on top. Glue gun did not hold so I switched to super glue.


Let them dry and choose string or ribbon for the bow.



Here's some of the finished product.





3 comments:

  1. Those are really cute! Do you remember how I evented the button tree...Im pretty much brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a pretty original idea. As I was digging through buttons I also made a tree. It's just to hard to resist creating one when you have your hands in a tin full of buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be brilliant but I cant spell :)

    ReplyDelete