Sunday, January 23, 2011

NOW GET TO IT

I planted this when we moved in this house Dec. 3. It finally bloomed last week. It was fun to watch it change everyday. I bought another one on clearance after Christmas and have it started now. Little by little we can make a big change. I am working on my word: "create".
My first attempt at getting my crafty on this year. I got out the paint. I saw gray pots at Expo last October and have had this paint since I got back from there so I started painting just to get the juices flowing.

Here are the treasures I found yesterday at the antique show and the antique malls in Kalama, WA. It was great to get out of town and look for fun things. There were lots of sales in the booths so I found some bargains. All this is sitting on a great blue stool I got for only $6. It was 70% off! Notice the funnels. Did anyone see the cute Christmas trees made by stacking funnels? I bet a lot of people out there did so now they will be hard to find or priced really high.





I saw these pretty jars at a craft store and thought I could come up with a variation of the idea using real keys or costume jewelry.



I have two years of photos stuffed in a drawer just waiting to be organized and put in a album. It's a good way to record what happens in our lives. I don't keep a journal so this is my substitution. I had better lay these all out while I have the room.




I saw a really cute craft made with buttons. I was looking through all my Christmas magazines and books before I put them away. I decided to go get my buttons out of storage and make up a few. I will post them soon. It was hard not to buy more buttons yesterday but as you can see I have quite a few to get me started. Happy Crafting!





No comments:

Post a Comment