Saturday, January 8, 2011

CHRISTMAS PAST

Christmas morning is long gone now and I really missed being able to share photos on my blog with all my family and friends near and far. I am getting caught up so here you go.......
There's this big built in book shelf that has 5 big shelves. It was a perfect spot to pull together a holiday scene with silver, cloches, Christmas trees, balls, books, stained glass and more.

I know Christmas is over but I wanted to share a few pictures of my holiday decorations. I used things left over form my antique show and I found some neat "new " items at the local thrift stores.


There's Gary in his favorite spot. I have since put curtains on those big windows.



I love having a "great room". The kitchen and family room are one big space and that island there behind the couch is huge. It was perfect for baking Christmas cookies. I picked out all the black appliances because the counters were already black. They look good in there.




The counter space in this kitchen is huge. There was lots of room to decorate. In fact it was hard to fill up the one room we live in. Living here gives me an idea of how I would like my new kitchen and living space to flow together. Morgan requests that we have lots of counter space. All the kids want a room big enough for everyone to gather in at the same time and at the same table for holidays and special events. I need to get pouring over all the house plans and start narrowing down the choices.





I didn't want to get lots of stuff out of storage so I used christmas cards on my tree this year. It was simple and still pretty. I put it up on a sunday after church without watching my traditional decorating the tree DVD's so I kind of felt like something was missing to my experience.






No comments:

Post a Comment